Rosey and Casey and Eric.....

Monday, September 18, 2006

Day 27





Here I am at home again; all that stress from the last couple of days has Terri experiencing a migraine for the first time in a long while. Eric still hasn't thrown up again. I fed him about 1 tablespoon from a bottle early this morning. We're all trying to stay quiet so Terri can get over her migraine soon.

10:15 update. Eric just had a second bottle, about 1½ tablespoons this time. I'm afraid to give him more at one time yet, after yesterday. He definitely seems like he's ready to eat, but the same thing happened yesterday morning, and the result of letting him eat all he wanted was another upset tummy. I'll give him some more in a little while.

Meanwhile, Rosey and Casey are digging in to the semi-soft food again. Gotta try giving Eric some of that later on today again, I suppose. I forgot to mention before that Casey apparently slept in poop last night, his tummy was just covered, and I had to wash him off this morning. I'm definitely interested in getting the litter training started soon! And...Eric has started trying to wash himself! He is so cute, licking his feet, and usually losing his balance :-)

Evening update: Today all the kittens did very well. It has been determined that Casey is definitely an eater. No matter what, Casey will eat. Rosey and Eric are both inclined to explore during meal time, but Casey just uses the extra plate space to his advantage!

Eric has learned to crawl out of the playpen, so in the next few days we will have to fashion a top. Eric apparently liked the extra attention he got while he wasn't feeling well. I picked him up this afternoon, and he just laid on my lap like a puppy, he was on his back with all 4 legs in the air. While Lee was holding him, I went to soak in the tub. Lee brought Eric in there, and he was laying on my chest. He moved to get up, and jumped right into the tub! I grabbed him so quickly he barely got wet, and it scared ME much more than Eric!

Today Rosey surpassed Eric in weight, and by quite a large amount! We might actually be getting to the point where these guys start gaining an ounce or so each day! Who knows, but it would be nice to get some meat on them! Oh, I almost missed the fact that Rosey has TRIPLED his weight!!

Kitten Weights:
Rosey - 554 grams or 19.3 ounces
Casey - 415 grams or 14.55
Eric - 506 grams or 17.8 ounces

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home